Translate

Saturday, September 22, 2012

Sat. Sketch #3 Sep. 2012


For this weeks Saturday Sketch I have used the beautiful new Turtle Dove Collection... How divine these rich traditional colours are... this particular collection embodies everything I love about Christmas. It has a bit of the modern mixed with a touch of the traditional English Christmas. 

For this layout I knew I was going to have to make something a bit special as this photo of my little one is soooo bad ... its a bit fuzzy, the top of her head is missing and the flash has over exposed the whole thing ... but I LOVED this photo, I remember how fascinated my little girl was with the angles on the Christmas tree, so I was determined to use it!

 I call this technique
 'Making a Mountain out of a Molehill'! 

My theory here is that it doesn't matter how bad your original photo is if you build the feel of the theme you are presenting with your layout then then the photo will look fabulous anyway....
I'll let you know how that theory works out LOL...
Have a great weekend

This is the Sketch the layout was based on.


 


       





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

love the layout now you have inspired me to do more of my scrapbooking